4. In 2008, Janah talked to a call center worker from Dharavi, India, the largest slum in South Asia, while working as a consultant. The worker said there were millions of unemployed villagers as talented as he was. "I thought, 'What if outsourcing could generate a few dollars for billions of people, rather than billions of dollars for a wealthy few'" Janah says. She went on to launch Samasource, a tech platform that connects impoverished women and youth with large corporations like Google, LinkedIn, and Microsoft to complete digital projects. To date, the non-profit has helped over 16,000 people rise above the poverty line and it recently launched SamaUSA, a domestic program for low-income students living in San Francisco.
6. Concerns about China’s economy have recently dragged down global financial markets, affecting prospects for the eurozone and many others. Such worries are one reason why the European Central Bank is expected on Thursday to unleash a new round of economic stimulus.
1. I want you stuffed in my stocking.我只要你塞在我的袜子里。
2. Bill Gates topped the list of the world's richest billionaires for the 17th time in 22 years, it has been revealed.
6. 201109/155435.shtmlIn August, Jose Javier - from the city of Torrevieja - created an account with AdWords, a Google pay-per-click service.
1. About 980 million yuan of illicit assets were recovered, according to the Communist Party of China Central Commission for Discipline Inspection.
2. In the 2013 survey, Tokyo reclaimed the title as the world's most expensive city. Currency swings pushed Zurich into the No.1 position last year but government exchange rate controls have driven the Swiss city back to No.7 in the list. Osaka in Japan was ranked the second most expensive.
3. The official prize citation said the two were awarded for "the theory of stable allocations and the practice of market design."
4. Supporting Actor in a Comedy: Louie Anderson, “Baskets”
6. 4. China will continueefforts to build out C-9 (the top nine universities in China) in the form ofmore than $1 billion new investments in major campuses. Funds will becommitted to attract top faculty, build state-of-the-art facilities, andrecruit the very best students. China will lock into a global war forintelligence, education, and skill.
5. The housing slump has cut demand for iron ore, energy and other commodities. Higher global supplies have exacerbated the gap between supply and demand and pushed raw materials prices lower. This dynamic is not expected to change in the near term despite measures such as the interest rate cut in November.
2. The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue model Kate Upton stands 8th on the world's most beautiful women of 2015 list. This modern fashion model was at No. 2 in last year list. She also was named the sexiest women by People magazine.
3. The top ten billionaires rake in a net worth of approximately 505.4billion dollars.
It’s ironic that in a country as populous as China, a meme about loneliness would be so popular. This seemingly irrational line has been repeated in every possible permutation, on every possible occasion, e.g. “What big brother is reading not a book, but loneliness.”
“We have not really assumed China will get better in the rest of the year,” said James Quincey, Coca-Cola’s chief operating officer. He said juice sales fell double digits in the second quarter in the country and Coca-Cola drinks dropped single digits.
"Hong Kong is a small island with 7 million people ... and you have 1.5 billion across the border (in mainland China) who would like to invest," Mark Elliott, associate director of International Residential Property Services at Jones Lang LaSalle, tells CNN. "The government is releasing more and more land, but it doesn't work."