1. Stand: Apple CEO Tim Cook fought for workplace protection for the LGBT community
2. There are at least 600 island owners in China, Lin Dong, founder of the China Island Owners Association, estimates.
3. Will the AT&T/Time Warner merger go through without big remedies (such as the sale of CNN)
5. The proposed amendment, which is expected to come into force on Jan 1, contains a clause stipulating extended maternity leave and other welfare for couples having children. These are expected to boost the willingness of some couples to have a second child. Many couples have expressed reluctance to have a second child because of the high costs of bringing-up two children and the prejudice they anticipate from employers.
6. The Belt and Road Initiative: The Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road